After a frenzied week at work last week, I finally got the boat looking the way it ought to.
The Pettit Dead Dry Grass was barely dry as my stepdad and I applied the camouflage. I cut sections of burlap, which were then tied to the shock cord around the cockpit. On top of that, we attached camo netting for a 3-D effect, then some Avery Killer Weed bundles interspersed with some Ghillie bundles of raffia.
The final product was very pleasing to me. Not so much the ducks.
We had a decent opener out west, but apparently slow by the guy's who had hunted there for years standards.
She rows like a dream, seems tough and sturdy and was plenty roomy and stable once I was all tucked into my spot.
|my boat parked next to a Carsten's Mallard|
|the maiden voyage...|
|first duck of 2014|
|after a hard weekend of hunting|
So she's a stealthy little craft. Now to figure out what my next project is going to be...